Friday, July 06, 2012

Song: Everything is fine!

Tessa says quietly to herself
Everything's okay, everything is fine.
I don't need anybody's help.
I don't like what I see in the mirror,
But I won't let you see it.
Yet deep down, she knows...

John works late and misses his meals,
Everything's okay, everything is fine,
I don't need anybody's pity.
I don't know where I am going in my career.
But I won't let my family see my frowns
Yet deep down, he knows...

Chorus:
Are we all crumbling? Are we alive?
Where's the truth behind these lies?
We strive so hard to hide
What's deep inside of our hearts
Can you see me? Can you feel me?

Lisa walks to the nearest clinic
Everything's okay, everything is fine
I don't need any more testing
I don't know if I will be well again
But I won't let them feel sorry for me
Yet deep down, she knows...

They hear the insults.. oh the pain
Everything's okay, everything is fine.
They don't need your words to break their bones
They will take each beating as they come
But they won't let anyone see them cry
Yet deep down, they know...

Refrain:
Can you hear them calling? Can you hear them cry?
Where's the truth behind these lies
We strive so hard to be alive
Believing one day at a time
I can see you... I can feel you!

by momoko69
(6.7.2012)

Penned these words down because there are people who go through these days. Although I have no melody to go with this song, I just wanted to write the lyrics out. The heaviness of these lives gave me inspiration to write this song.

No comments: