Monday, May 16, 2005

It's all about LOVE!

Dear Friend,

When you ask God for love, does He give you a person who claims that he is in love with you forever? How does one deal with that? Lately, a guy calls me up out of the blue and claims that he has been waiting for a year to tell me that he loves me and wants to pick up where he left off a year ago. I don't even remember his face, let alone what I felt about him a year ago? How do I know what I am supposed to feel when I meet up with someone like that? I don't even think I am ready to meet. I told myself this... if this is a man worthy of my love, he will wait for me. He will know that I can't just pick up where I left off when I don't even remember where that was. He will understand that I need to get to know him once again if we are to start afresh.

Frankly, I don't know if I got it all wrong... but I know if I don't slow him down, the whole process is rushed through and there will be some kind of problems... I know that much about this process called love. When God first created Adam, he didn't create Eve immediately. He gave some time to Adam to understand his needs. He gave Adam time to discover that he needs a mate worthy of his love. He gave Adam a chance to feel lonely and be alone. I know I have given myself enough time to understand loneliness and being alone. Am I ready to embark on the next part of the journey of love? When God found that it was not right for Adam to be lonely, He gave Adam the woman of his heart, Eve by shaping her from a bone from his side. God knew that Eve would be just right for Adam as she was part of him already. God knew that Eve would be able to understand Adam for she would be able to read his thoughts, emotions and feelings as they are attuned to each other.

Do I worry that I won't recognize my Adam when he comes? I am only certain that when he appears, he would be someone familiar... someone whom my heart will recognise... someone that makes me want to thank God hundreds and thousands of times for creating him. In the meantime, I will keep my eyes focussed on God, my first love!

No comments: