Sunday, March 20, 2005

Poem: Live By Faith

I cannot see Your Hand
I cannot feel You, my Friend
By what faith can I live by
When life is so full of strife.

I live by my own wits
I live to serve my needs
All my life I have got
Misfortune as my lot

Perhaps I want it all
Counting each step when I fall
Maybe I am not fated
To receive what the bible stated

He says not by your might
Not by merit, or birthright
Faith is your heart responding
To my Love freely yielding

He says come and receive
Let go and believe
For I am real and alive
Embrace the gift of Life

(by momoko, 3.6.2004)

It is easy to base our faith on feelings and spiritual experiences… and when these feelings and experiences disappear, we start to doubt if God is real. My friend says she is not ready to be in church because she has not enough faith. Faith is not measured by units or efforts. Faith is the response in gratitude to our Lord and Saviour for His sacrificial love for us on that afternoon in Calvary. If faith is to be measured, then let it grow in time and space and be overwhelmed by winds and floods… it is so immense… it cannot be expressed adequately by mere words.

No comments: