Friday, March 18, 2005

Poem: The Gift

If I’ve brought you an expensive gift,
And not given you a priceless message
It would bring you temporal joy
And leave me with dissatisfaction.

If I’ve chatted with you for many hours
And not shared with you about Jesus
It would give you such emptiness
And afflict me with a sense of loss

When the gift is insignificant,
Often the giver is easily forgotten.
Yet the truth of the matter is…
The gift is but the extension of the giver.

When the giver is generous,
Often the gift is deemed as important
Yet the matter of the fact is…
The heart is the inspiration of the gift.

Last year, God asked me for a gift
To give to Jesus uninhibitedly
My complex life that is so ordinary
To exchange for love that is overflowing!

Last night, God asked me to be a giver
To share with you ever so freely
My Saviour’s life that is so extraordinary
To savour life that is everlasting!


by momoko (26.12.2004)


This year, I could hardly afford any gifts for anyone as I have not been working for the whole month of December. I felt sad because there are many things I would love to buy for people, and yet, I remember about the importance of giving from the heart... There are a few of them that I didn’t expect to have a gift from them... they took me by surprise. I have been so busy with my rehearsals that I didn’t think much about presents this year as well. But I think it is never too late to give a gift. So I would like to give you a gift of God-inspired words. I was very much inspired by Pastor Dom’s sermon about the gift and the giver. His analogy about Nemo’s father, Marlin being likened to our Heavenly Father, his relentless pursuit to find Nemo touched my heart. It reminded me how God has pursued me with such love and devotion despite my stubbornness in the past few years.

No comments: