Monday, June 16, 2008

A Note To Myself: To Wait or Not to Wait

We are just friends so I don't expect much from you
All I hope is that you remember my sms was an invitation
Just to meet and chat about life and things to come

We don't even meet that often, just once in a short while
When we do meet... time would just pass us by
I guess it feels like you never received my sms

This was a really perfect weekend for me
No work, no extra-curricular activities
I had it free so that I can do something fun

I waited and waited but heard nothing from you
So I figured you got busy and forgot
I won't intrude into your space as I respect you

But it wasn't because of you that the weekend was crappy
It was my realisation that I did not sms anyone else
It reveals how I do not do much to change my situation

I made an important decision today
I am not waiting any more for anyone
I will take good care of the time I have left

A new beginning for a new Anne
Perhaps someone else will do the waiting for once
The choice is really up to him/her

(15 June 2008)

No comments: