Saturday, October 06, 2007

Safe in A Crazy World

Written by Corrinne May Ying Foo
Copyright 2003, Corrmay Gourmet Music (ASCAP)

I try to smile my tears away
I try to keep my cool
Oh but one more door gets in my way
I feel like such a fool
Trampled and bitter
My heart just wants to bleed and stop
Believing in me
It feels like nothing is for certain and that nothing comes for free

When they're lowering the curtain to the theatre of my dreams
I stumble and I crumble and I'm
Sinking to my knees but you... you cradle me

Chorus:
You keep me flying You keep me smiling

You keep me safe in a crazy world
You understand me
Embrace my fragility
You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength to believe in me again

Noise keeps chasing me
No matter where I go
Oh and life likes pretending that it's
On a TV show
When it's hard to tell what's real
From what the world just wants to preach
You are the voice I seek

Repeat Chorus

Just when I thought my world had crumbled... this song reminded me of God's love for me.
Just when I thought it is my needy personality that pushes away my friend, this song reminded me that I am completely and utterly loved by God. I am not desperate for love!
Just when I felt so tired of being, this song gave me the reason to continue living.

Thanks Corrinne for writing such a song that gave me the real reason for my existence!

2 comments:

Chui San said...

was reading through some of your previous entries..the stories you've shared are inspiring. I just need to say it out:

It's so evidently shown through your life that God's hand is truly upon your life. I've met many inspiring teachers in the different phases of my life. However, your inspiration is somewhat unique and different from the rest that i can't find an exact word to describe it.

momoko69 said...

Thank you, Chui San... for your encouragement! I started to write and draw again... I feel God telling me to help others to see that their lives are not in vain if there is someone out here who understand by using poetry and songs to depict some of their feelings.

Bless you always!
Love, Anne