Sunday, March 06, 2005

Poem: Cry… My Beloved Child

I have failed the tests
I have spent all my money
I have lived my wild life
I have tried my best
Daddy, will you still love me?

I can’t be your good child
I can’t stand being told what to do
I can’t help running away
I can’t stand your nagging
Mummy, will you still love me?

I need more time
I need my space
I need to breathe
I need to take control
Dear, will you still love me?

When I look at you
When I see myself
When I stay away
When I come home
God, will you still love me?

By momoko (6.3.2005)


I wrote this during a recent 3-day workshop I attended. I found the inner voices so loud that I could only write them out into a poem in order to make sense of them. Perhaps there is something that you can identify which resonates with being your inner child.

No comments: