Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Why do I love Playback Theatre?

I fell in love with playback theatre when I learnt it from Bev in 2002. Today, I am struggling to keep it as part-time work. The truth is as much as I love it, I don’t know if I want to make it my only career. I love doing playback and will always enjoy learning more about it. I am even crazy enough to go to Arizona to attend the symposium when I am barely making ends meet. I am going on pure faith. I must be crazy! But I always believe that it is important to enjoy doing the things I do. Even if I don’t have much, I can still depend on my God who provides me everything.

I want to remember this: I do playback theatre because it is about life. I do playback because it draws me closer to human experiences. I do it because I create a loving environment with the playback skills I learnt. I am but one of the channels that facilitates the inner healing to take place. I want to do my best in giving to people a playback experience. If there is anyone who is crazy, that is me! I think I am mad because I give almost everything to do playback theatre. But I truly believe that God has a greater purpose for me when He gave me playback theatre. Now I can only walk one step behind Him and follow His directions.

I need to write this out so that I won’t forget why I do what I do. How many times must I remind myself? I really don’t know… I know that I won’t forget to say thank you God for giving me playback theatre!


No comments: